Only the First Week of Summer Break

• 5420 posts
    June 22, 2012 7:44 AM PDT
    And my son is already driving me crazy!!!! 

How can a 16 year not be able to find something to do.

Damn after 9 months of school I had a whole list of things to do as soon as they let me out.
  • June 22, 2012 8:30 AM PDT
    Maybe he needs to get a job, just a thought. But that would fill his time up some.

TD
    • 5420 posts
    June 22, 2012 8:42 AM PDT
    He tried that but I think he waited too long and all the summer jobs were pretty much gone. He does work on weekends as a scorekeeper for the Jr basketball league and he is the student manager for the HS team which takes about 2 hours a day.

The rest of the time he spends bugging me to take him places.
    • 79 posts
    June 22, 2012 8:42 AM PDT
    tell me about it.i work third shift and every afternoon i get up to find the kids watching tv.when i was a teenager it would have taken an act of god to keep me in the house
  • June 22, 2012 8:44 AM PDT
    I know the feeling Lucky. My 17-year-old daughter walks around the house saying "I'm bored." I tell her to clean her room or go swimming or ride her bike or walk her dog BUT noooooo that takes to much energy. AND when she's not saying "I'm bored" she's asking me for money...sheesh.
    • 9 posts
    June 22, 2012 9:37 AM PDT
    At least he WANTS to get outta the house. Mine never wanted to. Come in, go to his room, shut the door, get on the daggone computer...for the rest of the day/night. I mean, he IS in Web Design, now, so it's a natural progression, but
    part of me thinks that's half the reason the man hasn't ever had a serious girlfriend. WHO wants to sit around and watch their old man "play" on the computer??? Seriously...WHO? Take your son out, when you can, but keep pushin' him to find a job. There's a high turn-over in the summer month's, with kids lookin' at college's and family vacations and such. Besides, if he makes a job, of finding a job, you kill two birds with one stone. He's outta the house, doing something semi-productive, and he's not up your A**. OR...there's always yard work at your house. (Watch how fast he'll find something else to do.  Can you say HOUDINI?)

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • June 22, 2012 9:43 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    And my son is already driving me crazy!!!! 

How can a 16 year not be able to find something to do.

Damn after 9 months of school I had a whole list of things to do as soon as they let me out.

My kids know better than to tell me they're bored! LOL

• 2 posts
    June 22, 2012 12:06 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
     .  .   .   .   .  Take your son out, when you can, but keep pushin' him to find a job.     .   .   .   .   ..there's always yard work at your house. (Watch how fast he'll find something else to do.  Can you say HOUDINI?)

Ride Free
    Tweek

+1
    Spade up a garden, put some plants in & tell him to commence to weeding - Next word you receive will be a post card from Albuquerque

• 3006 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:34 AM PDT
    LOL Savage !!! yep nothing like a garden full of weeds or a house full of chores to vacate your kids room real quick like!!! : )
  • June 23, 2012 3:43 AM PDT
    geeze, I wondered around town, had a job, had chores, one would be to scrape and paint the old victorian we lived in, a differendt section every year..........two weeks of it, board naw never..............maybe its time for parents to put a time limit on computers, games, and what not to get them moving for life will be real shocking in the next few years.............make it count.