Broke my dang toe...

• 9 posts
    June 21, 2012 12:03 AM PDT

Yeah...So I'm in Walmarket, pickin' up some fruit, and when I turns to put my melons in the basket...my baby toe decides to stay behind, hooked onto the pallet, under the melon-bin. (I was wearin' flip-flops).  OMGodALMIGHTY!  OUCH! (was desperately tryin' not to cuss in four different languages, at the top of my lungs!!!)  My tow was facin' South, while the four others...were facin' North!  I reached down and smacked it, more or less, back in the right direction, right away.  And THAT was like breakin' it again! OMGodhelpme!  As I stood there, clutchin' the cart for support, not a soul seemed to "see" my distress...
    So, I hobbles thru the store, to the cashier so I could GTFOutta there, and she says, "is something wrong, Mam?"  And I proceeds to tell her what happened.  So, she decides to "let management know".  Which further holds me up, standing there.  Now, mind you, there ain't jack-sheit anyone can do about a broken toe, Dr.'s included, and I wasn't tryin' to "do" anything about it, except make someone aware, and this "manager" comes over, looks at my toe, and says..."well, what would you like "us" to do about it"?  Oh...I dunno...OFFER ME A DAGGONE CHAIR, for starters!!!  So..I looks at this woman in dumbfounded astonishment, and says, "look, I ain't tryin' to talk litigation, here. I just wanna get off, my foot".  She looked at me, and I KNOW she was thinkin', "what the hell does litigation mean"? 
    But I will tell you this, had I been ridin' my Harley (ya know, the one I wish I had ATM..lol) I wouldn't have been able to ride it home, or ride it at all for a while.  You see, that was my "shiftin'" foot.  And if I WERE ridin', I prolly would be thinkin' about suein' somebody's azz for this...SHEESH!!! 

Ride Free  
    Tweek

PS-this is a facsimile of my foot...but a damn good one 

• 314 posts
    June 21, 2012 12:14 AM PDT
    sounds so painful! give it a couple days off it
  • June 21, 2012 12:38 AM PDT
    Dammit Girl!!! Like Paula said, stay off of it a couple of days, and keep it iced down. Hope ya feel better soon.
  • June 21, 2012 1:37 AM PDT
    Oh Damn!!! Does this mean I have to come over with my trusty rusty Bowie knife and bone saw and do a proper job for you?

Oh Sorry...lol...I misunderstood...lol...Its at times like this we are supposed to be supportive and lend toward empathy/sympathy aint it? 

Dammit Girl stop breaking and damaging things! Was the floor or whatever you caught it on ok?  ..lol...

But on a serious note.....If there was something sticking out from the stand or whatever was holding the produce up then you should sue them... If on the other hand it was simply that as you turned you caught your toe then let it go honey...

.....ps.  I really do have a good trusty rusty Bowie and could easily do the job for you and that toe would never cause you any problems ever again...lol...

Get Better Soon.....
    • 19067 posts
    June 21, 2012 1:53 AM PDT
    Hey Ya shoulda called the Auto Club, you know for a 'tow' truck. Sorry just could not resist..
    Seriously though Tweek, hoping all gets better soon.
  • June 21, 2012 2:02 AM PDT
    Dammit Man...lol... I was just about to do the "TOW" Joke and ya beat me "Toe" it...lol...

Best she "Toe The Line" for a while eh?

• 3006 posts
    June 21, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
    Hope ya git better qik like,been there done that.stay off of it as much as possible.
    Get a doctor to give it look over,send the bill to the grocer.When I broke mine at work , they put me on crutches for about 2 weeks,put a brace on it too so I wouldnt move it while it healed up.
    Your rite if you were riding it would have never happened,since I know you dont wear FFlops while ridin : )
    • 9 posts
    June 21, 2012 10:25 AM PDT
    I spelt it that way on porpoise. My injury put me on the tow list... sheesh, Ya'll ARE picky...lmao

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 2 posts
    June 21, 2012 12:13 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...

Yeah...So I'm in Walmarket, pickin' up some fruit, and when I turns to put my melons in the basket......SHEESH!!! 

Ride Free  
    Tweek

PS-this is a facsimile of my foot...but a damn good one 

So, let's see those melons
  • June 21, 2012 12:52 PM PDT
    OOOOOUCHHHHH, all the way from Texas....Gonna make sure I wear protective foot gear before heading to Wally world and facing the toe eating pallet.I ' ve had one broken outside arch via a upside down bike and I lived in an ace bandage for six months.Girl this could have been the ticket to a brand new bike....praying you heal quickly.
    • 0 posts
    June 21, 2012 2:03 PM PDT
    Awe Tweek, all ya can do is ice it, 20 minutes on/20 minutes off. I hope it heals quick for ya. Some times a law suit is not worth the hassle, unless you can't work b/c of it, hmmmm. And besides, that's what they have insurance for. Prayin' for ya girl.
    • 1 posts
    June 21, 2012 2:13 PM PDT
    I was thinkin another way....when ya turned and put ya melons in a trolley....sorry about the Tow though..I know how painful they are when ya snap em....
    • 9 posts
    June 22, 2012 1:07 AM PDT
    Hoy...I've been down the lawsuit road before. Took me a little over FIVE YEARS to collect, and by then the award amount got widdled down substantially. I'm here to tell ya, for a dang toe? It simply isn't worth the hassle. Not that it didn't momentarily cross my mind...I was picturin' a switch-back, or a bobber for a sec. But, hey, that ain't no different than any other day, right now. I dream of the ride...all day, everyday. DAMMIT!!! And IF I had a bike, I couldn't ride it very well ATM...can you say IRONIC?

Ride Free
    Tweek

PS for the men. The melons are stayin' in the basket, boys...SORRY.
  • June 22, 2012 2:21 AM PDT
    OOOUUCCHHHH!!
  • June 22, 2012 7:11 AM PDT
    That does look EXTREMELY painful. Now that it's over...Did you tear up the pallet? jk
  • June 22, 2012 7:59 AM PDT
    I could still chop the toe for ya honey...lol...Have rusty blade - will travel...lol...

Could dry it and stick it on a necklace for ya...lol...and hey, loss of toe is a bigger payout right? (Sporty at least!!!)
  • June 22, 2012 8:48 AM PDT
    OUCH. Sorry to hear about her toe honey. You can "buddy tape" it to the next toe to help keep it stabilized, elevate, ice and a little happy juice wouldn't hurt.
  • June 22, 2012 8:55 AM PDT
    You got 9 others!
    • 9 posts
    June 22, 2012 9:29 AM PDT
    Wowwwwww. Jet, you are seriously startin' to creep me out here, dude! It's a little crooked, and a little swollen is all.
    And SAVE the jokes on that last sentence. I was born waaaaay prior to midnite..last nite. LOL!
    'Tween you and Lunchbox, I'mma thinkin' ya'll got a little "edge" to ya! Literally...lmao A lil' TOO cut happy...

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • June 22, 2012 9:53 AM PDT
    Well you be sure to stay off of it for a bit... or they're fit you for a Japanese Jump Boot!
    • 9 posts
    June 22, 2012 10:06 AM PDT
    HwyHoney wrote...
    OUCH. Sorry to hear about her toe honey. You can "buddy tape" it to the next toe to help keep it stabilized, elevate, ice and a little happy juice wouldn't hurt.

Now that there...is some dang good advice.  Buddy tape, and Happy Juice.  Now, jist gotta find a buddy.  Muahaahaaaahaaaaa!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek