Ice Bear pulling soap box out...AGAIN...

• June 20, 2012 2:33 PM PDT
    OK....PLEASE SHARE THIS...OR NOT...To you STUPID people that smoke n have to hang your STUPID cigrette out the STUPID car window...STOP THAT!!!!!! i'M BEHIND YOUR DUMB ASS ON A MOTORCYCLE N I DON'T SMOKE and I don't wanna breathe your smoke n die with ya....SO....pull your STUPID ciggerette back inside, close your car window and GO AHEAD AND AFFIXEIATE YOURSELF N LEAVE ME OUT OF IT.........PS.....some bad spelling here but I got smoke up my nose today.....

Ice Bear....
    • 1780 posts
    June 20, 2012 5:19 PM PDT
    I had a clown dump his ash tray once out the window going down the slab while I was behind him!!!
    When I went around him I let him know he was #1 in my book!
    Some people's kids
    Felt like I was in the movie ....The Big Lembowski during the ash spreading part at the beach!
    • 0 posts
    June 21, 2012 12:58 AM PDT
    I smoke & am always considerate of others, I do keep my cig inside the car but never thought about the smoke going out the window, I will keep this in mind and try not to smoke in traffic, one thing I never do is hold it out the window, being on the b-pad for a good many years, I know what it is like when the idiot in front of you flicks ashes out the window Smoking is a nasty habit, but still a habit and a bad one.
    B-Safe
    • 19067 posts
    June 21, 2012 2:03 AM PDT
    OK Randy, we gonna disagree, respectfully. I smoke cigars, and more likely than not have one lit when sittin on Rex. So I guess we ain't gonna be ridin together unless I ride sweep. I won't turn this into a debate over rights, privileges and such though.
    • 1 posts
    June 21, 2012 5:05 AM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    OK....PLEASE SHARE THIS...OR NOT...To you STUPID people that smoke n have to hang your STUPID cigrette out the STUPID car window...STOP THAT!!!!!! i'M BEHIND YOUR DUMB ASS ON A MOTORCYCLE N I DON'T SMOKE and I don't wanna breathe your smoke n die with ya....SO....pull your STUPID ciggerette back inside, close your car window and GO AHEAD AND AFFIXEIATE YOURSELF N LEAVE ME OUT OF IT.........PS.....some bad spelling here but I got smoke up my nose today.....

Ice Bear....

First off.....     Second..... you're having problems with this....and not just here...     .

• 823 posts
    June 21, 2012 5:25 AM PDT
    or not..............
    • 5420 posts
    June 21, 2012 5:29 AM PDT
    I too smoke cigars when riding and driving. I never hang my cigar out the window when next to someone (another car with the widow open or a bike) - but while moving??? I'd say if you're close enough to the car in front of you to smell their cigarette smoke while moving, I'd be more worried about breathing their exhaust fumes.
  • June 21, 2012 5:40 AM PDT
    That was my first thought as well, Lucky. Riding in traffic, you are breathing far worse things than tobacco smoke. (And I don't smoke)
    • 2 posts
    June 21, 2012 12:11 PM PDT
    Could be worse, I chew my tobacco.
  • June 21, 2012 1:03 PM PDT
    I smoke and I will smoke probably till the day I die.Do I do the offending acts? NO. I do show more consideration than most folks driving with a cell phone stuck up their @zz.
    • 0 posts
    June 21, 2012 1:52 PM PDT
    Isn't there a pet peeve article somewhere on here??? ( just makin' light of the situation).
    • 844 posts
    June 21, 2012 2:16 PM PDT
    Really? I'm ok with not being allowed to smoke indoors in public places, or even to close to the door when outside those places, or even outside where there are lots of people close together like the baseball park... but in my truck with the windows rolled down - again... really? Even at slow city street speed I can't see how you could possibly even remotely smell the smoke if you are behind them.

Now people throwing cigarettes out the window (or anything out the window), that's another story altogether.
    • 1 posts
    June 21, 2012 4:55 PM PDT
    most cages are fitted with ashtrays still arn't they...or you can use an old drink bottle...for your butts..then toss em in the bin...at the your convenience....and like what was siad above...cigarette smoke is nothing to what pours out the backs of vehicles exhausts...
  • June 23, 2012 7:17 AM PDT
    My apoligies  for calling people STUPID...wasen't good...I did't know what an addicting drug nicotine is so...people are't stupid, ciggerettes are...
    SORRY FOR PARTY INSULTING.....
  • June 23, 2012 7:20 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    OK Randy, we gonna disagree, respectfully. I smoke cigars, and more likely than not have one lit when sittin on Rex. So I guess we ain't gonna be ridin together unless I ride sweep. I won't turn this into a debate over rights, privileges and such though.

Rex.. I will gladly agree to comprimise to be able to ride next to ya...I do agree ya'll have a right to smoke.....

• June 23, 2012 8:20 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Could be worse, I chew my tobacco.

yeh that would be bad.. haha

• 3006 posts
    June 23, 2012 9:55 AM PDT
    No offense taken, I do know what you mean IceBearTrying to quit here myself tired of the smell and ashes burned clothes etc..as for driving n smelling smoke,I smell a lot of things on the motorcycle, usually tho the herbs smell the strongest. I would rank cig smoke rite up there with it.Been on the freeway even n smelled the herbs floating downwind of a guy, at 60 mph+, tokin some, I pulled alongside n smiled in at him takin a puff LOL
    Yet I have smelled far worse & way more toxic crap at work or on the road, like driving past a burning car that was left on the side of the freeway spewing toxic black clouds of stuff across all 8 lanes,went rite thru that , had sooty stains on my faceplate when I stopped n checked later,held my breath all the way thru it.While you have a valid point its still fairly minor compared to the real killer in the air you breathe,carbon monoxide...

stay safe n enjoy the ride
  • June 23, 2012 10:30 AM PDT
    I smoke Big Cuban cigars, and if I come across and ride in the same line as you Joe...You can ride in front of me...lol...because when I am out on an open road I have a cigar sticking out of my face, I smoke it as I ride, and then as it goes out eventually because of the wind on them, I usually end up eating the rest of it - or at least a couple inches of it...yeah, I even like the taste of the juice...lol...I just chew 'em up!!!
  • June 23, 2012 11:16 AM PDT
    I smoke...I have my window down AND my hand will probably be outside the window...Sorry you're offended. I think you can buy those medical mask's at the CVS
    • 79 posts
    June 23, 2012 8:21 PM PDT
    i quit smoking jan 1 this year and i don't think i'm quite over it yet. i like the smell cigs but it's amazing what you can smell on your bike. at least twice a week riding home in the morning from work i get behind a car at 70 to 75 mph and i can smell his black and mild cigars