GREAT...

• g
    May 16, 2012 7:10 AM PDT
    had a great blast with the daughter ,hayley last week .....
  • g
    May 16, 2012 7:12 AM PDT
    was not to bad a day ,had a few showers ,but it was the first run on the bike for almost 1yr now ,was good to spend some time with my daughter .
  • May 16, 2012 8:09 AM PDT
    Great pics! You guys look sharp!
    • 9 posts
    May 16, 2012 9:55 AM PDT
    Kudos. I never could get my kid to ride with me. He got on the back with my ex, only out of necessity.
    Ride or don't go, kinda thing. To this day, he wants pretty much nothing to do with the sport or the lifestyle.
    And yet...he has a birthmark (my hand to God) of the Bars & Shield Harley-Davidson logo on his side.
    I rode with him while I was pregnant, til I was showing....maybe that's why he never liked the noise, HUH?

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • May 16, 2012 10:35 AM PDT
    You baby scarer Tweek...lol...
  • May 16, 2012 10:47 AM PDT
    I'm hoping one day that my son will join me out on the open road but thats up too him. He rides dirtbikes but has not ridden on my bikes since he was little. Sometimes I wonder if I should just ask him if he wants to go for a ride but I worry that if it is not his idea and something goes wrong, it will sour him on the bike idea forever.
    • 3006 posts
    May 16, 2012 2:10 PM PDT
    My daughter has asked me a couple of times,while I never refused,I have never given her a ride yet,if something happened I could never forgive myself.My grankids have hinted at it too yet I probably wont do that either,not until they get a bit bigger n older to sit safely behind me.
  • g
    May 16, 2012 8:15 PM PDT
    hayleys been on my bike since she was 8yrs old ,she will be 14 this year .she love the bike .
    • 19067 posts
    May 16, 2012 11:32 PM PDT
    Lookin Real Good there G, fer a Crazy Scottsman that is...
  • g
    May 17, 2012 3:38 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Lookin Real Good there G, fer a Crazy Scottsman that is...

thanks,,lol.bike past its mot today ,first time
    • 3006 posts
    May 17, 2012 3:46 AM PDT
    Funny thing about my daughter,she has been riding with her guy friends on sport bikes & she loves riding.I told her if I give her a ride its gonna be one slow ass ride !!! she just laughs n says Dad you have a backrest I know its gonna be a slow ride !!! LOL

My hats off to you ! I should have started her younger, riding with me..maybe this summer I'll give it a shottho if I do give her a ride my grankids will be pestering me for a ride even more !
    • 0 posts
    May 17, 2012 9:22 AM PDT
    @ Buzz... Please don't put off riding with the daughter or the grand kids because of "What might happen". You are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures and the bonding that goes on is priceless. They will remember it forever and so will you.
  • g
    May 17, 2012 11:22 PM PDT
    true words gary .