Wall of Death

• April 30, 2012 12:51 AM PDT

Had a great time at the Outer Banks Bike Week and was able to view a fun event.  It was the "Wall of Death" over at Vertigo Tattoo in Manns Harbour. The show was presented by "Patch" McGillycutty.  "Patch" donated the proceeds to charity and he was a most amazing showman.  The stunts were really cool and after watching him control that bike "all over the wall" I was convienced I had missed my calling in life!

• April 30, 2012 1:17 AM PDT
    The "Wall of Death" has been around for years and its freaking amazing to see. I had the pleasure once to be down center in the wall there by the big pole to shoot photos and interview Samantha Morgan. We let's say a good gal pal of mine was doing the shoot for she is the journalist and I was carrying the equipment, but anyway it really is amazing show and if any one hasn't seen it I hope you do get the chance to do so. Glad you had a great time. God Bless Sammy Morgan. have a great one "T"
  • April 30, 2012 2:32 AM PDT
    It is awesome to watch, that and the Ball of Death too, if you ever get a chance to see that. I thought I saw somewhere on CycleFish the history of the Wall of Death a while ago?
    • 3006 posts
    April 30, 2012 4:15 AM PDT
    This was one of my favorite attractions back when they still had an official rally down in Hollister.
    • 5420 posts
    April 30, 2012 4:33 AM PDT
    I love watching the Wal of Death and the Ball of Death!

HL, here is that article you were referring to on the history...

Motorcycle History – Wall of Death Daredevils of Coney Island