off topic....

• 1 posts
    April 17, 2012 3:19 PM PDT
    I sat on the webbing seat...the most uncomfortablist seat I had evert sat on..adjusting the belt around me. I pulled the helmet down over my head and connected the cord....silence was golden. Reaching up above my head without looking my fingers felt the familiar switches and poked them up into position. a crackle came though the headset...I pulled on the cords and the cups slid down and fitted snuggly around my ears... 

The man sitting next to me raised his thumb...I pushed left peddle forward. To counterbalance the torgue...The cyclic slamed against my legs and the man next too me relaxed his grip upon his stick. I grabbed a hand full of collective with my left hand and twisted the grip. I looked at the red switch on the cyclic and depressed it...a whirr came from somewhere behind me.....the blades started to turn..over head I looked up and could see them lazyily turn through the plexiglass...faster n faster they begun to spin..until they were a blurr over my head...the dials infront of me came up in the green...I turn the throttle grip in my left hand even more and hauled up on the collective...centreing the cyclic I pushed more left pedal to counter the torque.....the ship jumped into the air.I held it steady, at 15 feet....all clear port...all clear starboard....I nosed over and began to climb out of the dust into the cool clean air....
    • 9 posts
    April 18, 2012 1:07 AM PDT
    NICE...I always wanted to fly choppers. Listening to you, I almost feel like I was...

RIde Free
    Tweek
    • 658 posts
    April 18, 2012 1:54 AM PDT
      Sweet, Same here. Keep going Jonsey!!

Medic
    • 1 posts
    April 18, 2012 2:15 AM PDT
    No way....landing is like controlled crashing......had americans learned of igor sikorsky..in the 1800's we would have had a different culture now!
    • 1780 posts
    April 18, 2012 3:52 AM PDT
    My Son lives in Phoniex and he has his priviate, instrument rating, and now working on his Commercial rating. Last year I flew out to Phoniex and he took me up in a R-22 for a great ride over the areas surrounding Phoniex. Man what a cool ride.........Until he pull a Auto Rotation move on me without tellinig me. It took three washings to get that stuff out of my shorts.
    Dragon
    • 1 posts
    April 18, 2012 10:17 AM PDT
    I watch with glee, as this dude at the local airport does auto's on his military contract ships....for those of you who don't know..what dragon means..its turning the fan off...and landing!
    • 3006 posts
    April 18, 2012 10:26 AM PDT
    LOL if folks were meant to fly they would have wings !!! thats my story n sticking to it!!!
    • 1 posts
    April 18, 2012 1:39 PM PDT
    so blurple you are really virgil ishee in disguise aren't ya...another who thinks the same...wants to come down under but will only go via ship lol...