Motorcyclist cited for dog riding on back

• 2 posts
    April 14, 2012 1:19 AM PDT
     Now this is just silly - Dumb thing to do for a couple of reasons but ILLEGAL?

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Motorcyclist-cited-for-putting-dog-in-danger-147212665.html  />
    by KGW Staff
    Posted on April 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

OLYMPIA, Wash. – A motorcyclist was cited for endangering his dog while driving down the highway Wednesday.
    The dog was precariously perched on the seat behind its owner, which is not only dangerous – but illegal.
    The Washington man was driving down Highway 3 in Kitsap County when a trooper spotted him and pulled the motorcycle over.
    The trooper also tweeted photos of the man and his dog, to warn others of the dangers.
  • April 14, 2012 1:40 AM PDT
    maybe he was ticketed because the pet didn't have any saftey gear on? In the area where I live in NJ Atco this man had a trailer designed espically for his dogs they wear Easter bonnets and goggles, or Santa Hats and goggles, he had little leater skull caps for them and goggles, to protect the ears and eyes. I've seen birds, cats, dogs all on bikes, most though had goggls and hear protectionsl Maybe he ought have used the beast rider, so the dog had more room and a wee bit comfy but he should have had goggles on him. Pets love to go I know "Spaz" loves to go its just a PIA cause he hates the leash, and I have to have him on one when I go places but he loves it he sits there right be hing the handle bars and ducks down behind the windshield. Maye eye and ear protection pissed the officer off huh, have a grea tone "T"
    • 16870 posts
    April 14, 2012 3:55 AM PDT
    Knowing dogs as I do, if the dog wasn't happy with this situation it wouldn't have got on or stayed on the bike.
  • April 14, 2012 5:05 AM PDT
    Rev, yes they do enjoy going, some will chase the owner and jump up themselves. Like riding in general its not for every dog, cat bird, but there are a few that enjoy it really they do. I"ve tried to upload a couple of photos I have from different areas and events that I"ve seen them at. As a Vet Tech man I was too keen on it either but well it the "kid' wants to go, as long as ears and eyes are protected and its he pets wishe more power to them. warmest wishes
    • 3006 posts
    April 14, 2012 10:11 AM PDT
    Out riding the canyon here, in the redwoods near my home, I met two riding buddys for quick cold one at a local hiking/campground area,another rider pulled up with a small fox terrier?.. who perched in small basket/carrier on the front above the headlamp on this guys harley,he said the dog rode there all the time no hassles,he even had a pair of goggles when they were on the freeway.That was one smart dog too,he was very obdient & mannered.We were pretty blown away to say the least LOL that was about 13 years ago,not sure now a days if he could get away with it..and of course there are always the monkey riders,thats a whole other subject
  • April 14, 2012 4:16 PM PDT

• 1516 posts
    April 14, 2012 4:24 PM PDT
    DOG is cool
  • April 15, 2012 2:26 AM PDT
    I guess it was debra jo 2times worth.................LOL!
  • April 15, 2012 2:30 AM PDT
    Well Geezer tx I guess it gives a whole new meaning to riding Bitch huh? have a great one "T"
    • 1516 posts
    April 15, 2012 6:27 AM PDT
    This just in.. police brutality is everywhere!!

Look what happened to Lil Dog..

• 467 posts
    April 15, 2012 8:26 AM PDT
    My dogs ride with us pretty much everywhere we go. I have custom designed "seats" for them to ride in that fit both them and the bikes. The ride on the tank. They have all their safety gear. I am sure glad it is not illegal around here! Chico might stage a protest if he could not ride! I would love to get bigger dogs, but Clay says that I have to prove that the full grown dog can mount up on my tank and go safely down the road with me or no go. AND, he specifically says that I can NOT have a sidecar or trailer for them.....