Oi Lucky!

• 0 posts
    April 2, 2012 9:46 AM PDT
    Gday there mate..Listen I dont know alot about all this computer shit and such..Whats the chances of increasing the size of what ever the bloody thing is for loading pictures? Everytime I go to load a picture it says file is to big,and that aint even my naked pics...Anyways if its at all possible it would be bloody cool..CHEERS BOOF
  • April 2, 2012 10:37 AM PDT
    LMAO @ BOOF, (G'day back at ya BOOF) however, I 2nd the motion!
  • April 2, 2012 10:44 AM PDT

Hey Lucky.....lol.....shrink the photo's down as much as you can bro...the thought of that BOOF naked is damn scary mate!!!!!

.....or.....snatch the piccie as soon as he posts it up and shrink just the middle area .....Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Hey BOOF.....    <=== Thats a good smiley. I like that one...lol...

• 1855 posts
    April 2, 2012 10:53 AM PDT
    You can copy and paste into the text box without uploading. I don't know about the photo folders here at CF.

Naked? Oh man!!!!!!!!!

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    April 2, 2012 11:22 AM PDT
    Hey Boof, Are you talking about photos here in the forum or in your photo albums?
  • April 2, 2012 12:12 PM PDT
    No matter where Lucky...sheeeeesh.....Scary Man...Scary!!!!!

Lol
    • 0 posts
    April 2, 2012 3:33 PM PDT
    In the forum Lucky...
    • 9 posts
    April 2, 2012 3:40 PM PDT
    Now ya know he's havin' ya on, right? The BOOF IS a crazy man, but I don't think he'd post nuthin' too inappropriate, here on CF. Course, I guess that does depend on how much Jack we're talkin' about...he DOES love his Jack.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • April 2, 2012 4:26 PM PDT
    I have that trouble too. For some reason this pic loaded, but the newer pics are always too big.
    • 5420 posts
    April 2, 2012 4:52 PM PDT
    Looks like there is a little more to it then just allowing bigger file sizes. The problem is not the file size, it is the size of the image itself. If the image is over 3000 pixels wide, the system is having trouble resizing it to the max size for the forum. It looks like I may have to add some memory to the server to handle the processing.

In the meantime if you have the ability, just make a smaller version of your photo before uploading.
    • 611 posts
    April 2, 2012 8:46 PM PDT
    . yep Lucky, I try to size em 4x6, 200dpi
  • April 3, 2012 8:12 AM PDT
    The images I take myself are usually between 4Mp and 16Mp (Canon EOS 5D Pro) and I just go into "Paint" and use the resize function to change it down below 2Mp for forums.....hope this helps ya guys.....

The program "Paint" is located in ANY Windows operating systems........
    just go to "Start"
    and then "All Programs" 
    and then on to "Accesories"
    then just select "Paint" from the list there ok?
    • 846 posts
    April 3, 2012 8:49 AM PDT
    You mean all that time I spent painting my pictures on the screen are not being uploaded?
    • 823 posts
    April 3, 2012 11:11 AM PDT
    or download picasa for free. Then you can edit them or export is even easier to downsize, quick too........

http://picasa.google.com/
    • 1780 posts
    April 3, 2012 8:44 PM PDT
    Boof glad you posted this......I've had some frustration as well.
    • 844 posts
    April 4, 2012 4:40 AM PDT
    Yup, this helped me too.  But I am a little confused 

What is the difference between mega pixels, mega byles and the picture size???
    • 5420 posts
    April 4, 2012 5:02 AM PDT
    Ok, let me take off my helmet and put on my propeller cap and go techie...

Pixels are little colored dots dots that make up an image. Mega Pixels are how many total pixels there are in the image. Example if your camera is 12 mega pixels the image is normally 4000 pixels wide by 3000 pixels high (4000x3000=12,000,000 or 12 mega pixels).

Mega Bytes (MB) is the size of the file created when the image is stored. The size of the file is varies depending on how large the image is (mega pixels) and how much detail and colors there are in the picture. A 12 mega pixel picture of a white wall will be a very small file, where as a 12 mega pixel picture with lots of colors will be a larger file.

Picture Size is the actual width and height of the picture in pixels.

Since our system re-sizes all pictures when uploaded, the picture size can effect the process. Even if an image file is within the 5mb upload limit, if the picture size is too large the system is running out of the resources (memory) required to re-size it to the proper size for either the forum or photo albums.

With cameras taking larger and larger photos these days, I am looking into increasing the resources available for image re-sizing so that we can handle any image within the specified file size.

In the meantime the best thing to do is re-size the photos before uploading to 3 mega pixels or less (2000 x 1500 pixels).

As a couple people mentioned above there are a number of free programs out there - Paint that comes with all Windows Versions; and Picasa which is a free download from google (just search "picasa")

Which ever you use it is very easy to re-size your images. Just open the image in the editor, click Re-Size and set the width or height (which ever is larger) to 2000 pixels (the other dimension will set automatically) and save the image.
    • 0 posts
    April 4, 2012 6:12 AM PDT
    Don't go too far down on size. I hate pictures I have to get my glasses on to see.
    You can not only reduce the size, but the quality. A larger picture at a lesser quality (DPI) is generally not a big deal on a forum.
  • April 4, 2012 6:48 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Ok, let me take off my helmet and put on my propeller cap .....

.......e pixels (the other dimension will set automatically) and save the image.

Yeah...Wot 'E Said up there...lol...
    • 5420 posts
    April 4, 2012 6:53 AM PDT
    All pictures uploaded here are re-sized to 640 pixels wide (max) so be sure to upload pictures 640 pixels and above (up to 2000) to get the maximum size.

And yes, DPI is not a big deal when uploading - pictures on the web are displayed at 72 dpi
    • 601 posts
    April 5, 2012 12:11 PM PDT
    Oh sweet holy mother of devine jaaaasus, Boof bareing his bollox to all and sundry, don't think I can handle that...my imagination don't stretch that far, never mind my eyesight ! pick up a free image resizer on the net Boof, there's shitloads of them out there