Getting ready

• 1855 posts
    March 6, 2012 6:38 AM PST
    We've been working on the yard and I just finished up the back deck on the house.  Today I shovelled 1.5 ton of red lava rock and spread it around the flower/bush area out front. This pic is only a portion of the garden area.  We decided to get rid of the mulch and go with lava rock because of the maintenance every spring.  We shouldn't have to do a thing next year.  Well, maybe a little bit.  Anyway, hopin' to be all completed by the 2nd week-end of April.  The winter has been really mild here and has given us the opportunity to get an early start.  Plus, we'll be away from home thru August.  Got a kid to mow the place.  So, anyone else takin' care of business before they hit the road.

This is last spring before we did anything..  What a mess, eh?  Gone is the trellis and the old wagon

This was when we finished up last spring. That red mulch wasn't a real good idea but it did look good for awhile.  But it will all look different here in a couple of more days.

• March 6, 2012 6:42 AM PST
    Looks good to me matey...somewhere to sit, chill, and have a few beers...kinda looks right to me.....lol.....
  • March 6, 2012 11:16 AM PST
    Jimmy it looks really nice, no I don't have anything to do really live hear a block from the beach so its just sand and Florida jungle. I did hang me Jolly Roger though have agreat one! "T"
  • March 6, 2012 11:16 AM PST
    Jimmy it looks really nice, no I don't have anything to do really live hear a block from the beach so its just sand and Florida jungle. I did hang me Jolly Roger though have agreat one! "T"