IN, KY, OH Check In - Report Status

• 2 posts
    March 3, 2012 12:39 AM PST
    Anybody affected by the tornados?
    Please report your status - Know that @ leat one rgular contributor lives in Kentucky (don't hold that against her, she seems sweet).

Stay safe on the road & at home

• 1855 posts
    March 3, 2012 1:29 AM PST
    West Central Ohio here. Lots of wind but little if any damage from storms. Sure hope the Alabama members are o.k.

peace
    • 1516 posts
    March 3, 2012 2:19 AM PST
    I am safe and sound all the way out in CA, but I am thinking of all the members in Tornado alley. Hope you are all safe.
  • March 3, 2012 2:28 AM PST
    Just a quickie.....Even in England we have had a few now...it was totally unheard of 50 years ago, we had NEVER had a recorded Tornado in Britain...but now it seems we get 2 or 3 a year...

The last one hit the middle area of the South Coast of England and ripped through one particular area and caused the sort of damage as can be seen on the news over there...the damage area was quite limited in width though, like it was channeled just on one or two streets...some houses battered all the way down, most just lost the roof and windows...

We are totally unprepared for such things here as no-one has ever been really exposed to such things before, and our houses are like 2 walls with a cavity space on the exterior walls and they are all solid red clay brick or stone built, with solid heavy tile roofs, we have no cellar or underground level on 88% of our houses here in Britain and that is why I think our houses dont suffer the kind of damage yours in USA do...

Hope all affected come through it ok.....
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2012 2:56 AM PST
    Just heard the death toll is now up to 33.  Our thoughts are with all the families who have suffered loss.

I'm sure anyone in the hard hit areas are without power, but hopefully we will hear soon from our CycleFish members in the area that they are okay!
  • March 3, 2012 2:59 AM PST
    Maybe the internet system is down currently there