New iPhone App

• 5420 posts
    February 17, 2012 7:13 AM PST
    I got a cool app for my iPhone 3GS called "vLingo" which makes it kind of like the iPhone 4 where you can do voice commands for things like texting, voice dial (better than the built in iPhone dialer), say stuff like "italian restaurant" to find one close, etc.  It actually works pretty good.

But after having a text conversation with my daughter using the voice text - she texted me, I speak my reply into the phone and it sends her a text back, she speakes a reply and I get it in text, etc, etc....  I have decided that they just reinvented the PHONE CALL without hearing the other persons voice!!!  Sometimes advanced technology is not all that advanced!
    • 9 posts
    February 17, 2012 9:09 AM PST
    Ya know, there's a commercial running simultaneously, about that very app. And I thought the same thing...if you need to send a "voice text", WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL...? Can you put your phone on "speaker" and use one of those little holder thingy's on your dash, if you just don't want to be distracted? I like to talk as much as the next
    person, but I have tried to make it a habit, not to talk or text or anything of the kind, while I'm driving. I mean, what
    the hell did we do BEFORE cellphones? Sheesh. That call can wait. Nobody is gonna die, if you don't call them back in the few minutes it takes to get to a destination. But somebody could die, if you don't....
    I'm not talkin' about you, Lucky, I'm talkin' to whoever can't put that damn thing down!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1161 posts
    February 17, 2012 9:26 AM PST
    I think that is funny as all get out! I got an app for my IPod Touch that I like. It is for my gas and maintenances I do on my bike and cage. It even has MPG and even graphs of each time it was fueled up and what kind of fuel. The app is Gas Chubby it only cost $2.99. But so far I like it. Better then trying to write it all down, I just fill in the blanks.
  • February 17, 2012 9:32 AM PST
    That might help in cutting down the amount of swerving I do when I text while riding.
  • February 17, 2012 9:36 AM PST
    That feature comes standard with my new Razor X
    • 1855 posts
    February 17, 2012 9:38 AM PST
    I don't have any APPs but I made up my own chart/program where all I have to do is fill in the blanks. It hangs with a clipboard on the wall in my garage and I check it before I head out and when I return. It sure beats trying to press those little buttons to enter something in an APP. LOL

Peace
  • February 17, 2012 9:49 AM PST
    Cave man! LOL
    • 1855 posts
    February 18, 2012 1:05 AM PST
    Black9 wrote...
    Cave man! LOL

Yep, there's no denyin'.

Peace