Cabin Fever and Day Dreaming.. . .

• February 1, 2012 2:15 AM PST
     . ..Well...Chili has been gone for a little over two weeks now...and she wont be home till Feb 28th....she went to Pennsylvania to her mommas home stead for 5 weeks to help out with her sisters...her mom is 88 yrs old and having health issues. ..

....Me...Im hanging out in the Northern Woods, holding down the hacienda till she returns.....even though this winter has been mild...by Northern Michigan Standards....its still been cold n snowy....got 4 inches the other day...but yesterday like the rest of the country was mild....48 degrees....February is always a bad month for me...Cabin Fever starts to creep in real bad. I been pretty good so far...but I still catch myself gazing out the front picture window at the snow covered scenery and day dreaming about going on another two week Road Trip....I sure hope we can swing it this year....my plan is to head down Louisana way and hang out in the French Quarter in New Orleans for 4 or 5 dazeeee and eat wayyyy too much Cajun food..

. ....but right now thats all it is. . ....day dreaming... 

• 1855 posts
    February 1, 2012 2:24 AM PST
    Which way ya going? We visit a bro around Mobile Bay, Alabama a couple of times a year. I've come to love Alabama. We rode to New Orleans from there last year. My first time there. It was interesting but I prefer riding in Michigan, away from the congestion.

Drop a message when you're headed that way. Perhaps we could share one another's company for a few miles.

Peace
  • February 1, 2012 10:30 PM PST
     ...Hey Jimmy,

...if we are lucky enough to make is South this summer we,ll most likely hit Illnois...head to Memphis for some ribz n Bike Night on Beal Street.....then head for the French Quarter....we were there two years ago....only planned to stay one day, but we were having such a blast that we stayed two...but that wasnt even close to being enough time to explore all the secrets of  the French Quarter, plus we discovered a cajun restaurant right on the bayou that has some of the best cajun food ya ever laid a lip on......if we cant swing that trip we may just do Americade again in upstate NY....thats a pretty good time with some fine back roads for exploring......either way we will be doing a lot of riding in good ol Michigan, and we have some weekend rides in mind in some of the best places Michigan has to offer....including Copper Harbor...if you find yourself up this way this summer give us a shout and we,ll hook up..

.....either way....its gonna be a fine riding season..