Help with tools

• 1855 posts
    December 27, 2011 8:08 AM PST
    Anyone know anything about the Craftsman fixed based router/table combo? I'm trying to install the router to the table but I don't know if the sub-base should be installed between the router and the table.  I know you use the sub base when you use the router without a table but those directions are a bit iffy when it comes to the table.   Thanks in advance.

Peace
  • December 27, 2011 3:00 PM PST
    Hey Jimmy, ...I had one of those....but to the best of my recollection...that base you're speaking of...was 'off' of the router....In fact I had two routers; one I used manually for cornering, ogee type curves, inlays...etc...and then the router/table combo when I needed a precise edge on a piece of stock.
    I suggest your attempt to install the router onto the table w/o the 'sub-base' and see how it goes....if not and it (the router) needs the sub-base, then you may need longer screws/bolts to make that connnection....Ya know, you don't want that thing coming loose when you're pushing stock through it....and make sure your fence is straight and well secured to the table.
    • 5420 posts
    January 2, 2012 11:16 AM PST
    Jimmy, may be a little late - I have a Craftsman router and table and the router base definitely stays one. There are four threaded holes in the router base that the screws that go down through the table screw into.