Chili and I are doing our first Patriot Guard Mission..

• December 6, 2011 1:29 AM PST
     ....First saw this on the news the other day...young kid out of Boyne City, which is about 40 miles North of us died in Afghanistan last week. Always makes me sad when I see these new releases, but this one really got to me. When I saw it I mentioned it to Chili, about how young the kid looked like he was still in high school....turns out he was only 20 years old and graduated high school two short years ago.

..Chili came home from work last night and told me that, the so called "church" that protest at these military funerals is going to be there and the local Michigan Patriot Guard will be there to try and protect the family from these heathens. She said some guys at work belong to the PG, and are going to be there, so we joined and are planing to participate. Probably too cold to take the bike, plus their calling for lake effect snow tomorrow, so we,ll have to take the truck.

www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/north_michigan_soldier_20_dies.html />

• 567 posts
    December 6, 2011 2:09 AM PST
    Timbrwolf .. I'm also a member of the Patriot Guard. So my hat is off to ya for braving the ugly weather to stand firm for a true hero and his family. Although I've never run up against members of the Westboro group, I really can't understand their mentality of protesting at the funerals of our fallen young soldiers. What they are doing is really very UN-christian-like. Hooray for you and Chili.
    You will find being part of the Patriot Guard a very rewarding experience .. even if you never run up against the WBG protestors.
    • 9 posts
    December 6, 2011 2:32 AM PST
    I belong to Journey for Justice, even tho I don't have a bike yet. And I WILL be joining the Patriot Guard, just as soon as humanly possible. (one thing at a time, for now). This is something that I'm passionate about. I have a son, who is old enough to serve, and he has expressed a wish to do so, after college graduation. I can't tell you, how it breaks my heart, to see these so called "Godly" people, protesting the fallen. Their signs and taunts, are nothing short of disgusting, and sickening. But they have the First Amendment on their side, and will continue to disgrace that which is held in highest esteem, A FALLEN SOLDIER!!!
    As soon as I am able, I will be more than willing and proud to go and get between these loser's, and the families of the men who gave the greatest sacrifice. A sacrifice, by the way, which GUARANTEE'S their first amendment rights. Keep up the good work, Wolfie, and Bill. And anyone else in the P.G.! Ya'll Rock!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • December 6, 2011 3:07 AM PST
    Congrats T Wolf I am to a PGR member and have only made a few rides and National Cemetery flag mission but anyone you can make is worth it.
  • December 6, 2011 10:23 AM PST
    Kudos to you and Chili Timberwolf. Yeah, the average age keeps getting younger and younger (from WWII to Iraq/Afganistan). Luckily (if you can call it that), still have to have reached their 18th B-Day before they can be shipped overseas.
    • 2072 posts
    December 6, 2011 10:49 AM PST
    Awesome...... I have been a PGR member for a few years now but I still remember my first "Mission" like it was yesterday. Everyone I have been on, from the young kids to the old retired vets has touched me very deeply. Becoming a PRG member was one of the best things you could have done to support our troupes..... My hat is off to you both !!!!