OCC

• December 5, 2011 1:11 PM PST
    Any one watching OCC the build off show Jesse is sure muther f in the occ boys must be part of the show.  So far I ain't impressed hope it gets better.
    • 5420 posts
    December 5, 2011 3:32 PM PST
    Just came on here on the West Coast. Not very impressed myself so far. Probably gonna tape it so I can see the bikes and not the BS.
    • 19067 posts
    December 5, 2011 7:31 PM PST
    Wouldn't waste my time, just sayin' but to each their own.
    • 2072 posts
    December 5, 2011 11:29 PM PST
    Gotta agree with Rex !!!
    • 1855 posts
    December 6, 2011 12:02 AM PST
    Well, I gotta admit that I watch it from time to time; mostly cuz there ain't diddly-squat on the tube. I mean, the Jaguars and the Chargers on Monday night football? And, unlike a lot of folks, I DO think Jr. is pretty damn creative. I'm not much for the drama but yeah, it is what it is and I'll be flippin' through channels while that's going on. Actually, I won't get back to OCC until the last 5 minutes of the show.

Everyone is calling this build-off a popularity contest. It may well be that. But the end result is that Sr. is building a piece of sheite that ain't a motorcycle, Jesse builds bikes that all look alike and this won't be an exception to that. Jr. might be the winner of the "popularity" contest but he's also going to have the better lookin' bike.

Ya know, I'm sure we all know a few bike builders. I do. They're creative and mechanically inclined and build great motorcycles all their own. I'd stack a couple of my friends up against those guys anyday.

Peace
  • December 6, 2011 3:13 AM PST
    What I saw Jimmy looks like jr's bike has it going for sure Sr's looks like a piece of crap not a bike but mini bulldozer. All ends tonight I hope
    • 5420 posts
    December 6, 2011 3:39 AM PST
    Well I just wanted to see the bikes and I wish I would of just looked them up on the internet because I did watch a bit of the show and feel I went to bed a little dumber last night.

Here are the three bikes - well two bikes and a WTF...

Not sure what the hell Senior and OCC built there (the WTF).  Junior's is cool looking for a show only bike (the Bare Metal one).  And of course Jesse built a great looking chopper that you can actually ride (the Red one)!

• 9 posts
    December 6, 2011 5:59 AM PST
    Do love the "steam-punk" version. I almost got one of the Copperheads H-D had put out in '09. This version is extreme!!! Really nice to look at and all, but I bet the up-keep, would be a pain. I do love to look, tho...lol.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • December 6, 2011 10:35 PM PST
    Watched the end of that farce last night that show finished high on my "suck O Meter " At least dad and Jr hugged and said they loved each other. On to moonshiners JEEZE bring on spring please !
    • 5420 posts
    December 7, 2011 1:36 AM PST
    Well Paul Jr took the win.

Like I said it is a nice piece of art for a show bike only. I personally like Jesse's design more...It is a great piece of work that you can ride!
    • 1516 posts
    December 7, 2011 1:51 AM PST
    I watched the end of the show, I gotta say, I think Sr did what he did so he would not win, Actually trying to be nice to his son. Just my impression
    • 3006 posts
    December 7, 2011 3:14 AM PST
    Tried to tune in yet my better half was channel surfing w/me so it was a no go,thanks for posting the pics Ron!
    Creatively speaking I think Jesse's bike was actually the nicest of the lot,it looks ridable and reminds me of a local custom builder Ron Simms who creates bikes very similiar..I am surprised with the all the custom builders we have in this country we cant get a show with different buliders every month?
    • 1161 posts
    December 7, 2011 4:13 AM PST
    Waited to see the bikes then turned it off.
    • 16870 posts
    December 7, 2011 5:42 AM PST
    I watched both nights just for shitz and giggles.
    As one that has build, shown, and judged custom bikes here is my opinion.

Sr's bike: I'd love to take it muddin' in the woods around here, but it is not a motorcycle.
    Jr's bike: would do well on the ISCA circuit, but not on the road.
    J.J.'s bike: it's style has been built a thousand times before.
    • 1161 posts
    December 7, 2011 7:27 AM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    I watched both nights just for shitz and giggles.
    As one that has build, shown, and judged custom bikes here is my opinion.

Sr's bike: I'd love to take it muddin' in the woods around here, but it is not a motorcycle.
    Jr's bike: would do well on the ISCA circuit, but not on the road.
    J.J.'s bike: it's style has been built a thousand times before.

• 0 posts
    December 7, 2011 7:44 AM PST
    Just saw a picture of paul jr sittin on that blingy heap of shit..Can anyone say honey I shrunk the kids? That thing is bloody huge..Anyways we'll prolly get all the hype and bullshit on our TV shortly...I cant watch these wankers assemble bikes and fight...CHEERS BOOF
  • December 7, 2011 8:04 AM PST
    Maybe Sr.'s going into Tank Building?
  • December 7, 2011 8:16 AM PST
    Jesse's bike kicks ass cause you can ride it, Jr's is a useless trinket to set in a window. And like Lucky said Sr's WTF?
    • 5420 posts
    December 7, 2011 9:06 AM PST
    I'm thinking Senior did not care if he won the contest or not, and just had fun building some totally outrageous toy he had always dreamed about on someone else's dime.  I know as for a bike competition it definitely fits in to the WTF class, but as for a really cool/expensive toy, it is pretty bad ass.

Or a better explanation may be that the Discovery Channel wanted him to build it so a bunch of people would be talking about it   But that would mean reality shows are not real!!!
    • 2 posts
    December 8, 2011 12:29 PM PST
    Try to watch the show - Only good for a few minutes, something about Jr. fitting the words "concept" & "bike" about 5 times in every sentence.
    Running the exhaust thru what looks like the gas tank, brilliant, simply brilliant - Especially the "concept" of 6 ports for a 2 cylinder engine. Be still my beating heart
    The best of these "projects" look like a check mark & doubt any of them get around the corners faster than, say, a Honda Rebel
    But found something that matches them